Dinner was leftovers. But to add to it, I whipped up some Pumpkin Muffins! They were wonderful. My Vegan Yarn Swap 2 pal, Janice, provided me with the recipe. (It's a PPK recipe.) I substituted pumpkin seeds sprinkled on top for the chopped walnuts mixed in. Delicious!
Janice's Pumpkin Muffins
- 1-3/4 cups flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1-1/4 cups sugar (I used vegan beet sugar)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin (I used canned)
- 1/2 cup soy milk (I used Silk Creamer)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (*see variation)
- Omit walnuts. Sprinkle approximately 1/2 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas) over the tops of the muffins. Bake as directed.
- Spread batter into greased 9"X13" baking pan instead of muffin tins. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. When cool, cut into bars.