Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Day 10

Beef-y Seitan Cutlets and Balsamic Chard



Remember those seitan "steaks" I had simmering in the crockpot on Day 8? After cooking them, I froze half and kept half in the refrigerator for tonight. I decided I wanted them prepared a simply as possible so I could really taste them; I didn't want them covered with a sauce, etc. So I coated them lightly with toasted bread crumbs and sauted them a bit of grape seed oil. The only other thing I added was a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper. These guys are really good!!! I honestly had my doubts. But now I believe they even have enough flavor and texture to satisfy my carnivorous son! I definitely will be making them again. Directions can be found in Ellen's Kitchen.

Tonight I served the cutlets with some steamed Swiss chard with a bit of balsamic vinegar and sesame seeds. A great meal!

No comments: